And now, a follow up to the previous post… because I feel like I should make something clear.
I love Arlington, it is awesome, I affectionately call it the People’s Republic of Arlington.
There are things that I will not miss about living in my current apartment. Not one bit. Such as…
- The apartment complex maintenance crew which half the time seems unable to fix anything.
- That horrible ice cream truck that plays a song over and over again involving animal noises and a creepy child voice saying, “Hello!” at the end. I am pretty sure if I ever end up in Hell it will involve this song.
- Rosslyn during rush hour, and inching through traffic to go not even half a mile. (It’s great for the purpose of self-portraits, but other than that…)
- The thirty-seven thousand Irish-themed bars (which is a shame because Ireland’s Four Courts is great, but the Irish invasion has been a bit much).
- The narrow streets that often make me back up half a block so a car coming in the other direction can pass.
- The perpetual, never-ending construction.
- Route 50. Doubly so with the road work that took over a year to finish just outside my apartment, and the next phase which is beginning shortly.
- That one kid who plays outside my kitchen window that shrieks so loudly that it makes my ear drums want to explode and die.
- Having a first-floor bedroom window next to a courtyard where people think nothing twice about standing outside of it at 2am and talking extremely loudly.
- Seeing another cute business getting torn down for multi-million dollar condos. (Full disclosure: if I could afford a multi-million dollar condo I might not be so down on this.)
Not going to miss any of those things one bit. Especially the ice cream truck. I am pretty sure almost six years of that horrible ice cream truck song is punishment for something I did a long time ago. And whatever it was, it must have been particularly dreadful.